You Are a Genius
If a genius is someone with exceptional abilities and the insight to find the not so obvious solution to a problem, you don’t need to win a Nobel Prize to be one. A genius looks at something that others are stuck on and gets the world unstuck.
So the question is:
- Have you ever done that?
- Have you ever found a shortcut that others couldn’t find?
- Solved a problem that confounded your family?
- Seen a way to make something work that wasn’t working before?
- Made a personal connection with someone who was out of reach to everyone else?
- Even once?
No one is a genius all the time. Einstein had trouble finding his house when he walked home from work every day. But all of us are geniuses sometimes.
The tragedy is that society (your school, your boss, your government, your family) keeps drumming the genius part out. The problem is that our culture has engaged in a Faustian bargain, in which we trade our genius and artistry for apparent stability.
This book, Bestselling Books By Seth Godin pdf, is about love and art and change and fear. It’s about overcoming a multigenerational conspiracy designed to sap your creativity and restlessness. It’s about leading and making a difference and it’s about succeeding. I couldn’t have written this book ten years ago, because ten years ago, our economy wanted you to fit in, it paid you well to fit in, and it took care of you if you fit in. Now, like it or not, the world wants something different from you. We need to think hard about what reality looks like now.
What if you could learn a different way of seeing, a different way of giving, a different way of making a living? And what if you could do that without leaving your job?
This is not a book for the wild-haired crazies your company keeps in a comer. It’s a book for you, your boss, and your employees, because the best future available to us is a future where vou contribute vour true self and vour best work. Are vou un for that?
- THE NEW WORLD OF WORK – We Are Surrounded by Bureaucrats, Note Takers,…
- THINKING ABOUT YOUR CHOICE
- INDOCTRINATION: HOW WE GOT HERE – Mediocre Obedience
- BECOMING THE LINCHPIN
- IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO HARD WORK IN A CUBICLE?
- THE RESISTANCE
- THE POWERFUL CULTURE OF GIFTS
- THERE IS NO MAP
- MAKING THE CHOICE
- THE CULTURE OF CONNECTION
- THE SEVEN ABILITIES OF THE LINCHPIN
- WHEN IT DOESN’T WORK
- SUMMARY – The System Is Broken
Size: 2 Mb
Free download LINCHPIN: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin pdf