Blood Cells: A Practical Guide
Blood Cells: A Practical Guide by Barbara J. Bain – 5th ed has been written with both the practising haematologist and the trainee in mind. Main aim has been to provide a guide for use in the diagnostic haematology laboratory, covering methods of collection of blood specimens, blood film preparation and staining, the principles of manual and automated blood counts and the assessment of the morphological features of blood cells.
Objective has been that the practising haematologist should find this book sufficiently comprehensive to be a reference source while, at the same time, the trainee haematologist and biomedical scientist should find it a straightforward and practical bench manual.
- Blood sampling and blood film preparation and examination
- Performing a blood count
- Morphology of blood cells
- Detecting erroneous blood counts
- Normal ranges
- Quantitative changes in blood cells
- Important supplementary tests
- Disorders of red cells and platelets
- Disorders of white cells
Format: ebook PDF
Size: 17 mb