Cognitive processes enable us to experience the world around us: to recognize familiar faces: to communicate to one another through speech and writing: to feel emotion as we recall memories from the past.
Cognitive Psychology provides a dynamic and exciting insight into this illuminating subject, leading us through such topics as attention, memory, judgement and decision making, and introducing us to the latest computational and imaging techniques through which our understanding of these topics is being continually enhanced. With state-of-the-art introductions from internationally recognized experts. Cognitive
Psychology conveys a sense of excitement in the subject which is sure to engage and enthuse any student.
- A unique emphasis on the role of methodologies, including imaging techniques.gives the student a real flavour of the excitement of contemporary cognitive psychology.
- The study of cognition is presented in the broader context of themes, challenges, and issues, not just theory, to stimulate deeper thought, and encourage the student to take a more critical approach to their subject.
Rich pedagogy includes:
- links between the theory of cognitive psychology and aspects of everyday life, presenting material in contexts which students can relate to and understand
- boxes that link research findings with the techniques used to elucidate them, to develop the students awareness and appreciation of scientific method.
- сhapters from expert researchers active in their fields have been carefully edited to lead students through the subject in a coherent way.
Size: 11 mb
Free download Cognitive Psychology by Nick Braisby and Angus Gellatly