Critical Care Focus 8: Blood and Blood Transfusion
The Critical Care Focus series aims to provide a snapshot of current thoughts and practice, by renowned experts. The complete series should provide a comprehensive guide for all health professionals on key issues in today’s field of critical care.
The volumes are deliberately concise and easy to read, designed to inform and provoke. Most chapters are produced from transcriptions of lectures given at the Intensive Care Society meetings and represent the views of world leaders in their fields.
- Transfusion requirements in critical care
- Bioactive substances in blood for transfusion
- Haemostatic problems in the intensive care unit
- Activated protein C and severe sepsis
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury
- The use of colloids in the critically ill
- Radical reactions of haem proteins
Format: PDF online