Fast Diets For Dummies
• Get up-to-speed on the hottest fasting diet plans around: intermittent, the 5:2 Diet, the Warrior Diet, and micro-fasting
• Select the best diet plan to achieve your weight, health, and anti-aging goals
• Make 50 plus simple and delicious calorie-controlled meals
Welcome to the world of fasting. In fact, fasting is the worlds oldest cure-all. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, once said “instead of medicine, fast for a day.” What’s more, all animals, except the modern-day human, fast instinctively when sick or injured. The healing power of fasting has been known for all time, of that there is no doubt, but it hasn’t been until recently that people in the fields of fitness, health, nutrition, and healing have had the science to back it up.
We wrote this book, Fast Diets For Dummies pdf, to bring fasting back to the forefront — as a healing mechanism, as a fat loss booster, as a muscle builder, and more. Now it doesn’t matter whether or not you want to drop a few pounds, heal a disease, fight aging, or enhance vitality, fasting can give it all to you, whether you want it or not. The benefits are enormous and they’re inescapable.
About This Book
Fast Diets For Dummies pdf gives you all you ever wanted to know about fasting, which simply means not eating for a while. That doesn’t sound too difficult, right? Surely anyone could figure out on his or her own that the way to do so is not to put food in your mouth.
For some reason though, it’s not easy. Many people are overweight, unhealthy, and sick. Fasting is a delicate art. Subtle nuances can make or break a fast, and little tweaks can diminish or enhance the positive effects of fasting.
In addition, you can go about fasting in numerous ways. Some of them are more difficult than others, no doubt, but each serves a distinctly unique purpose. For example, some methods of fasting are better suited for putting on muscle, other methods for burning fat.
Fast Diets For Dummies pdf can help you find the best fasting protocol for you, as well as help ease you gently into the process. Fasting can be tough — we’re not going to hide that — but know that with disciplined effort, the reward is great.
This book is different from any other available fasting book, because we aren’t emotionally (or financially) tied to any one practice or organization. What you have here is an unbiased and honest overview of some of the more popular fasting protocols around today. Our job is to help you sift through the garbage, find the gold, take it, and run.
In this book, Fast Diets For Dummies pdf, we provide two chapters, chock-full of recipes. One chapter provides 500-calorie meals and the other has 600-calorie meals for your one meal that you eat, depending on the fast you choose to follow. (Part II discusses the different fasting options.) Here are some general conventions that we use in the recipes:
- Milk is whole.
- Eggs are large.
- Pepper is freshly ground black pepper unless otherwise specified.
- Butter is unsalted.
- Flour is all-purpose unless otherwise specified.
- Sugar is granulated unless otherwise noted.
- All herbs are fresh unless dried herbs are specified.
- All temperatures are Fahrenheit.
Part I: Getting Started with Fast Diets
- Chapter 1: Fasting — Nature’s Ultimate Fat-Burning Secret Weapon
- Chapter 2: Navigating the Science of Fasting
- Chapter 3: Tapping Into a Successful Fasting Mindset
Part II: Identifying Practical Fasting Practices
- Chapter 4: Dieting Sporadically: Intermittent Fasting
- Chapter 5: Taking a Different Approach: The 5:2 Diet
- Chapter 6: Micro-Fasting: The No-Breakfast Solution.
- Chapter 7: Eating One Meal a Day: The Warrior Diet
Part III: Your Launch Pad to Fasting: У our Kitchen and Recipes
- Chapter 8: Restocking Your Kitchen with Foods You Can Eat during Your Fast and Meals
- Chapter 9: For Women: 500-Calorie Meal Recipes
- Chapter 10: For Men: 600-Calorie Meal Recipes
Part IV: Incorporating Lifestyle Practices for Success
- Chapter 11: Comprehending the Effects of Fasting on Exercise and Vice Versa
- Chapter 12: Putting Together Your Fasting Exercise Program.
- Chapter 13: Living the Fasting Lifestyle on a Daily Basis
Part V: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 14: Ten Ways to Stave Off Hunger
- Chapter 15: Ten Ways to Stay Motivated
- Chapter 16: Ten Ways to Feel Energized When You’re Fasting