Here are the core techniques discussed in this book. If the list is too long to memorize, just spend time in a playground to refresh your memory.
- Throw a tantrum.
- Ask the person who’s most inclined to say “yes.”
- Play one side against the other.
- Get sympathy.
- Give yourself a time-out.
- Change the rules.
- Solicit a bribe.
- Move slowly and procrastinate; wear the other side down.
- Turn the negotiations into a game.
- Act irrationally.
- Worry the other side that you might be sick.
- Make weak promises.
- Win through cuteness.
- Take your toys and go home.
- Follow the rules to the letter.
- Be nice.
- Be disarmingly honest.
- Go out of your way to please the other side.
- Let the other guy think he’s won.
- Stick with your gang of friends.
- Remind people that “my daddy can beat up your daddy.”
Size: 1 mb
Free download How to Negotiate Like a Child: UNLEASH THE LITTLE MONSTER WITHIN TO GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT by BILL ADLER, JR. (pdf)