IT’S NOT HOW GOOD YOO ARE, IT’S HOW GOOD YOO WANT TO BE (pdf) The world’s best-selling book by PAUL ARDEN.
Just as Sun Tzu’s Art of War is read as a lesson in business strategy rather than fighting in a military sense, or Machiavelli’s The Prince is written about government but used as a guide to management, so this book uses the creative processes of good advertising as a metaphor for business practice.
Nearly all rich and powerful people are not notably talented, educated, charming or good-looking. They become rich and powerful by wanting to be rich and powerful. Your vision of where or who you want to be is the greatest asset you have. Without having a goal it’s difficult to score.
IT’S NOT HOW GOOD YOO ARE, IT’S HOW GOOD YOO WANT TO BE (pdf) book by PAUL ARDEN
- Why do we strive for excellence when mediocrity is required?
- So how good do you want to be?
- You can achieve the unachievable.
- ‘I want to be as famous as Persil Automatic.’
- Have you noticed how the cleverest people at school are not those who make it in life?
- Do not seek praise. Seek criticism
- It’s all my fault
- Do not covet your ideas
- Don’t look for the next opportunity. The one you have in hand is the opportunity
- Accentuate the positive
- Eliminate the negative
- Do not put your cleverness in front of the communication
- Don’t promise what you can’t deliver
- Know your client’s aims
- What do you do when your client won’t buy?
- Don’t take no for an answer
- When it can’t be done, do it
- If you don’t do it, it doesn’t exist
IF YOU CAN’T SOLVE A PROBLEM, IT’S BECAUSE YOU’RE PLAYING BY THE RULES
- The person who doesn’t make mistakes, is unlikely to make anything
- ‘Fail, fail again. Fail better.’
- It’s wrong to be right
- It’s right to be wrong
- Don’t be afraid of silly ideas
GIVE YOURSELF SOME SPIN
- Play your cards right
- It’s not what you know
- It’s who you know
- Don’t give a speech. Put on a show
- Getting fired can be a positive career move
AND NOW FOR A COMMERCIAL BREAK
- Doing a layout means having an idea
- Compose your ad from the weakest point
- Rough layouts sell the idea better than polished ones
- If you get stuck, draw with a different pen
- Suppliers are only as good as you are
- Don’t be afraid to work with the best
- Get out of advertising
- Do not try to win awards
YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE CREATIVE TO BE CREATIVE
- How you can make your company great
- How a senior manager can make a big difference
- How a junior account handler can make a big difference
- How a media buyer can make a big difference
- What is meant by the word ‘creative’?
- How to improve your strike rate
- My finest hour
- Notes from the pulpit. Life’s creative circle. Wit and wisdom
Size: 21.6 Mb
Free download IT’S NOT HOW GOOD YOO ARE, IT’S HOW GOOD YOO WANT TO BE (pdf) book by PAUL ARDEN