How To Stop Worrying & Start Living by Carnegie
How To Stop Worrying And Start Living by Dale Carnegie (original, 1948)
Sixteen Ways in Which This Book Will Help You
- Gives you a number of practical, tested formulas for solving worry situations.
- Shows you how to eliminate fifty per cent of your business worries immediately.
- Brings you seven ways to cultivate a mental attitude that will bring you peace and happiness.
- Shows you how to lessen financial worries.
- Explains a law that will outlaw many of your worries.
- Tells you how to turn criticism to your advantage.
- Shows how the housewife can avoid fatigue-and keep looking young.
- Gives four working habits that will help prevent fatigue and worry.
- Tells you how to add one hour a day to your working life.
- Shows you how to avoid emotional upsets.
- Gives you the stories of scores of everyday men and women, who tell you in their own words how they stopped worrying and started living.
- Gives you Alfred Adler’s prescription for curing melancholia in fourteen days.
- Gives you the 21 words that enabled the world-famous physician, Sir William Osier, to banish worry.
- Explains the three magic steps that Willis H. Carrier, founder of the air-conditioning industry, uses to conquer worry.
- Shows you how to use what William James called “the sovereign cure for worry”.
- Gives you details of how many famous men conquered worry-men like Arthur Hays Sulzberger, publisher of the New York Times; Herbert E. Hawkes, former Dean of Columbia University; Ordway Tead, Chairman of the Board of Higher Education, New York City; Jack Dempsey; Connie Mack; Roger W. Babson; Admiral Byrd; Henry Ford; Gene Autry; J.C. Penney; and John D. Rockefeller.
Part One – Fundamental Facts You Should Know About Worry
- Live in “Day-tight Compartments”
- A Magic Formula for Solving Worry Situations
- What Worry May Do to You
Part Two – Basic Techniques In Analysing Worry
- How to Analyse and Solve Worry Problems
- How to Eliminate Fifty Per Cent of Your Business Worries Nine Suggestions on
- How to Get the Most Out of This Book
Part Three – How To Break The Worry Habit Before It Breaks You
- How to Crowd Worry out of Your Mind
- Don’t Let the Beetles Get You Down
- A Law That Will Outlaw Many of Your Worries
- Co-operate with the Inevitable
- Put a “Stop-Loss” Order on Your Worries
- Don’t Try to Saw Sawdust
Part Four – Seven Ways To Cultivate A Mental Attitude That Will Bring You Peace And Happiness
- Eight Words that Can Transform Your Life
- The High, Cost of Getting Even
- If You Do This, You Will Never Worry About Ingratitude
- Would You Take a Million Dollars for What You Have?
- Find Yourself and Be Yourself: Remember There Is No One Else on Earth Like You
- If You Have a Lemon, Make a Lemonade
- How to Cure Melancholy in Fourteen Days
Part Five – The Golden Rule For Conquering Worry
- How My Mother and Father Conquered Worry
Part Six – How To Keep From Worrying About Criticism
- Remember That No One Ever Kicks a Dead Dog
- Do This-and Criticism Can’t Hurt You
- Fool Things I Have Done
Part Seven – Six Ways To Prevent Fatigue And Worry And Keep Your Energy And Spirits High
- How to Add One Hour a Day to Your Waking Life
- What Makes You Tired-and What You Can Do About It
- How the Housewife Can Avoid Fatigue-and Keep Looking Young
- Four Good Working Habits That Will Help Prevent Fatigue and Worry
- How to Banish the Boredom That Produces Fatigue, Worry, and Resentment
- How to Keep from Worrying About Insomnia
Part Eight – How To Find The Kind Of Work In Which You May Be Happy And Successful
- The Major Decision of Your Life
Part Nine – How To Lessen Your Financial Worries
- “Seventy Per Cent of All Our Worries …”
Part Ten – “How I Conquered Worry” (32 True Stories)
Size: 6 Mb