This book is brief but meaty by design. It will teach you how to win positive responses in a world of short attention spans, even from the most difficult people in your life and those who are the most distracted and impatient. Suddenly, people will pay attention to you, understand you clearly, and commit to action.
Consider how you currently approach communication. In our crazy busy world, words flow from your mouth or fingertips. You explain, request, plead, sugarcoat, apologize, question, and/or demand. All in a quest to make things happen. Sometimes your words inspire action. However more often, they don’t. Even worse, your attempts spark subsequent back-and-forth exchanges to clarify what you really want. Time is wasted, mix-ups occur, and opportunities are squandered.
In your rush to meet today’s overwhelming demands, you’re probably using tech tools to dodge and deflect.
Case in point: how often do you do these things?
- Check caller ID, think, “Not you, not now,” and send the caller to voice mail jail, playing digital dodgeball?
- Check voice mail and e-mail simultaneously?
- Grow impatient with long-winded callers and zap their messages in midsentence?
- Return people’s calls, hoping they’re not there, only to be disappointed when they pick up the phone and you actually have to talk to them?
- Talk to someone in person when your cell phone rings . . . and you answer it, leaving someone hanging?
- Communi-fake, pretending to be on your phone to avoid talking to someone in person?
The question is, How often are others doing this to you? Every one of us has our own “buttons” that get pushed, leading to negative results, including tune-out. People push your buttons. You push theirs, too, even when you don’t intend to.
It’s time to press the right three buttons for results in today’s fast-paced world to keep people tuned in and raise your ratings.
The strategy is simple, and yet it creates profound differences in how others respond to you. Suddenly, you’ll become a high performance communicator who keeps people tuned in and wins positive results.
Let’s get started maximizing success by minimizing words.